This is a reading/looking/listening/thinking module aimed at raising a student’s consciousness to direct processes to analyse underlying premises, form general philosophical attitudes and promote experience in design which are consistent with basic worldviews and personal values.
Module Teaching Objectives
The teaching objectives of the module are:
1. To explore interdisciplinary modes of thinking that can contribute to a greater awareness of Design.
2. To encourage cross-fertilisation of inclinations that can elucidate implications of general philosophical
attitudes towards Architecture.
3. To engage students in a transformative learning process that will lead to a structural shift in the basic
premises of thoughts, feelings and actions.
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
1. Identify one’s values and ways of looking at the world to form “calm and considered solutions”.
2. Utilise a wider range of design influences in architectural theory.
3. State specific self-capacities to encourage a lifestyle and pattern of lifelong learning that will enable a
continuous growth of creative problem-solving capabilities.Download link of my Thinking Sheets:
Think Sheet 3
Think Sheet 4
Think Sheet 5
Think Sheet 6
Think Sheet 7
Think Sheet 8
Think Sheet 9
Think Sheet 10
Link to my PVS :
The Final Project :
|The plans of the dwelling. Square is an indicative of 10m x 10m, according to the project brief.|
|The elevation -|
with iconic sphere outline and very open while viewing on the side elevation.
|Side View of the project|
|Entrance view of the project|
If there is a name for this project, it would be "World View"
Welcome to my world view :)
Conclusion:I am grateful that I've taken this module and I've learnt way too much within this module. Hopefully my ability in write up has improve and I enjoyed throughout this great adventure thinking deep into the endless field of architecture. Definitely recommend this to anyone who curious of what elective module to take and wanted to sharpen your thinking ability and have a chance in reading more about architecture.
Thanks for viewing :)